Sunday 3rd August 2014.
Hope you had a great weekend. Can you believe that winter is almost over? The days are slowly getting longer & spring will soon be here. (Bring on the Spring Racing Carnival hey girls!!!!) My daughter’s had Disney’s Frozen on repeat in our house lately & I’m ready to be thawed out I tell you!
The annual ritual of Spring cleaning will soon commence. Everyone tend to come out of winter hibernation and the phones get busy. The lawn & gardens come back to life, the home gets a good freshen up & the pets that have slept inside during the cold winter will start to venture out more.
Here’s a Quick Spring Cleaning Check List to get you going & maintain a healthy home:
- Furniture: Vacuum and clean upholstered items and polish / oil wooden items. Clean all dust and treat any problem areas & don’t forget to clean & nourish leather furniture to keep it at its best.
- Vacuum/Wipe Down Walls and Ceilings: Vacuum everywhere including all floors and other areas that can quickly be dusted/cleaned with vacuum attachments to remove dust & cobwebs. Wash walls with water and soap mixture to clean really dirty areas.
- Dust: Dust all surfaces including shelves, ornaments, photos, lamp shades, window sills and ceiling fans. Remember to use a quality duster that will actually grab the dust and not just spread it around in the air. For those sensitive to allergies and dust – check out our Dust Mite Anti Allergen Treatment.
- Air Conditioning Vents: Clean these yourself or have them professionally cleaned to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Vacuum: Clean Carpets and Rugs: For a thorough & professional clean, call us & have them dry in 1-2 hours – because you’ve got better things to do with your time!
- Windows: Clean the windows inside and out.
- Kickboards: Dust and wipe them down.
- Beds / Mattresses: Flip the mattress! Swap the flannel sheets & winter doona for lighter ones & wash and store until next winter. Dust mites live off dead skin cells – ask us how to professionally clean your mattress for a good night sleep!
- Drapes/Blinds/Window Treatments: Clean the curtains and blinds.
- Paths & Driveways: Clean & remove moss & mildew that can build up during the colder months and become very slippery.
- Smoke Detectors / Alarms – check & replace batteries.
VIP – Don’t forget to clean off the BBQ & outdoor furniture, chuck a steak on & relax after all your hard work!
Have a great week Austylers!
Amanda Ward, Chem-Dry Austyle
Independently Owned & Operated. Family business servicing Northern Sydney, Western Sydney,
Hawkesbury, The Blue Mountains, Upper North Shore & Manly Warringah.
Sydney 02 9894 9540
Windsor 02 4587 8318
Penrith 02 4731 4169
Manly 02 9977 5600
Like Us on Facebook!